Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technicians
Maintenance expenses are the single largest controllable element in any operating budget. This course is designed as an introduction for new maintenance professionals or as a refresher for the veteran employee, to give these professionals the knowledge and tools necessary to run an effective maintenance program.
CAMT certificate candidates must complete the following to receive the Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technicians designation:
- one year of apartment or rental housing maintenance experience;
- successfully completed the seven courses and online content listed below; and
- meet all examination requirements within 24 months of declaring candidacy for CAMT.
The 2017 CAMT Curriculum includes:
The three non-technical courses consist of online learning followed by online practice scenarios; the five technical courses consist of hands-on classroom training followed by online practice scenarios.
Non-Technical Courses (Online)
- Welcome to the Industry: A Day in the Life of a Maintenance Technician
- Customer Service
- Time & Project Management
- Money Matters
- Documentation and Paperwork
- Maintenance & Emergencies
- Safety First
- Franklin Covey Insights on Demand Courses
Classes may be taken as stand alone seminars or in full to earn the industry designation.
- Oct 12 Orientation/Interior and Exterior Maintenance and Repair
- Oct 19 Electrical Maintenance and Repair
- Nov 8-9 Plumbing Maintenance and Repair (2-day class)
- Nov 29 Heating Systems Maintenance and Repair
- Nov 30 Air Conditioning Maintenance and Repair
- Dec 6-7 Appliance Maintenance and Repair (2-day class)
To register for any individual technical class(es) visit the Education Calendar.
CAMT is Powered by FranklinCovey!
The NAA Education Institute has partnered with FranklinCovey, a leader in performance improvement, to integrate a number of Covey’s Insights On Demand online courses into the Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technicians (CAMT) designation curricula. NAAEI uses a blended-learning approach where designation candidates take the courses online and they are followed up in the classroom with instructor facilitated activities that reinforce the online learning.
The online courses feature FranklinCovey's powerful, world-renowned content in the form of short, web-based, video-rich training modules. These self-paced, online courses are ideal for boosting employee skill sets, enhancing job performance and or reinforcing current training initiatives.
CAMT is accredited by ANSI!
|| CAMT has been accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), a private non-profit organization that administers and coordinates the U.S. voluntary standardization and conformity assessment system. Learn more about the ANSI accreditation by clicking here.
About the CAMT Exam
- The online CAMT Exam is 100 questions timed for two hours and thirty minutes.
- A score of 70% is required to pass.
The Apartment Institute for Maintenance Excellence
||All CAMT designates are eligible to become AIME members. AIME membership does not affect the validity of your CAMT designation. Learn more about the AIME program the the benefits of belonging to AIME by clicking here.
2017 CAMT Pricing
Full Designation Program
- $1199 | Members*
- $1399 | Non-Members*
*REGISTER BY JULY 31 AND SAVE $200!!
- $175 | Members
- $225 | Non-Members
THANK YOU TO OUR 2017 CAMT SPONSORS