Rental Assistance in Washington

County by county resources and contact information.

The State of Washington will receive more than $900 million in rental assistance from the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 and the American Recovery Plan Act (APRA). These dollars are meant to assist in the payment of rental assistance arrears and provide future rental payments for renters experiencing financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.  

Below is a list of resources, available by county, to apply for rental assistance.

Click on the + for details.

Quality Behavioral Health

Call  509-758-3341 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and ask for more information. Assistance can also be accessed utilizing housing cell phones provided in the lobby. Information is also available on Facebook at :

Benton County Department of Human Services

Call 509-737-3946 for information. Applications can also be picked up/dropped off in the dark green mailbox to the left of the entrance at 7102 W Okanogan Pl. Ste. 201, Kennewick, 99336

Goodwill Industries

Call 509-579-0228 for more information.

Chelan Douglas Community Action Council 

Phone: 509-662-6156;  Address: 620 Lewis Street

Serenity House

Please call 360-565-5041x1 for more information.

Council for the Homeless 

Tenants apply online at: Landlords apply online at:  Apply via phone at (360) 695-9677 Monday-Friday, 9 am to 5 pm, and Saturday, Sunday and holidays 11 am to 5 pm. It is recommended phone applicants call in the afternoon and weekends during a slower call volume time. Tenants can apply between 10 am and noon at Share’s office located at 2306 NE Andresen Road. Applicants should ring the doorbell, and staff will assist them in completing the application. For assistance with electric bills ONLY (no rent) contact Clark Public Utilties at 360-992-3000 o Landlords can also apply on behalf of their tenants by going online to and filling out a form Active-duty military and veteran households can choose to contact the Clark County Veterans Assistance Center at (564) 397-8478. This applies to households with at least one person who serves or served in the armed forces, regardless of discharge status. Households who have moved to Clark County as a refugee or immigrant within the last three years can also choose to contact Partners In Careers at (360) 597-2057. Households with at least one person who identifies as Black, Indigenous or a Person of Color (BIPOC) can choose to contact Bridgeview at (360) 737-2950. 

Blue Mountain Action Council

Call our main number 509-529-4980 and ask for Tammi Sele.  Spanish speakers should ask for Claudia Limon.  

Lower Columbia CAP

Please call (360) 425-3430 for more information. You can also learn more via Facebook, email or by scheduling an in-person appointment. 

Lower Columbia CAP

 Please call (360) 425-3430 for more information. You can also learn more via Facebook, email or by scheduling an in-person appointment. 

Housing Authority of Grant County 

Text or call 509-237-2876.v Spanish speakers: 

OIC of Washington (for utility assistance)

After 4/4/2021 client will be able to schedule online at or by calling 509-765-9206                  

HopeSource (serving youth 18-24)

Application in English  

Text HOME to 833-222-2158 or Call 509-707-0179 for more information

Coastal Community Action Program

For assistance call the CCAP main line at (360) 533-5100.

Housing Support Center

Call 360-678-8284.
On-line application on Island County website. 
In-person appointment by calling 360-678-8284.

Olympic Community Action Program

Call 360.385.2571 and leave a message on the Housing Line. Online Requests preferred. To apply: mail them to our office or send them to or submit them in our drop box at 823 Commerce Loop, Port Townsend WA.

King County  206-263-3481

Kitsap Community Resources

Interested tenants and landlords can get the pre-application in person at Kitsap Community Resources (1201 Park Street, Bremerton, WA  98337) or download it from Paper copies will likely be available in various other locations around the county – to be announced on webpage. Tenants can also print the Pre-Application at any Kitsap Regional Library branch.Pre-applications can be submitted in person to Kitsap Community Resources or mailed to that address.

Washington Gorge Action Program

Please call 509-493-2662 or 800-755-1192, Monday through Thursday from 9am to 5pm. Apply by phone, web or walk-in. Walk in locations are: 152 West Main Street, Goldendale, WA 98620, 213 Wind Ranch Road, Bingen, WA 98605, 115 West Steuben Street, Bingen, WA 98605, or 683 Rock Creek Drive, Stevenson, WA 98648

Salvation Army

Please call 360-736-4339 or email for more information.  Spanish speakers call Equity Intsitute at (855)283-2241.

Shelton Family Center

Serving young adults under age 25. Email: or, Call 360-462-0125, Walk-ins (wear a mask): Monday through Thursday noon to 4:30 pm.  

Crossroads Housing

Email, call 360-427-6919 extension 206 Monday-Friday 8am-4pm, afterhours 360-490-6510. 

North Mason Resources (Belfair)

360-552-2303, Email:

Okanogan County Community Action Council;

Please call 877-641-0101 or 509-422-4041 for more information.  For persons with internet access, the coordinated entry portal will be useful in getting the application started and getting qualified.

Pacific County Health and Human Services

Please call 360-214-9996 for more information. To be added to the waitlist for rental assistance please use Google Forms: English - 

Family Crisis Network

Please call 509-447-2274 or visit 730 W 1st St, Newport WA 99156. Hours of operation Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM and Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM. Appointments are encouraged for walk-ins.

Opportunity Council

San Juan Island Family Resource Center (360) 378-5246
Orcas Community Resource Center (360) 376-3184
Lopez Island Family Resource Center (360) 468-4117

Housing Authority Skagit County

For Spanish-language information and assistance, contact Aileen Gonzalez at (360) 428-1959 ext. 211. For English-language information and assistance, contact Alice Marshall at (360) 428-1959 Ext. 202

Community Action of Skagit County


Please call 211.

Spokane Action Neighborhood Program

Email: or Phone: 509-319-3035 / 456-7627 x 3315   

Rural Resources

Please call 509-685-6101 for more information. 

Community Action Council

Please call 360-438-1100 for more information.

Wahkiakum County Health and Human Services

Please call 360-795-8630 x 4 for more information.

Blue Mountain Action Council

Call (509) 529-4980 and ask for Michele Dobbins (English only) or Claudia Limon (English or Spanish) to get on the list. You will be contacted within 2 business days.

Opportunity Council

Please call 360-746-3826 for more information.

Community Action Center

Please call (509) 334-9147 for more information on other assistance.

For more information about Washington Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) or the Treasury Rental Assistance Program (TRAP), plese visit the Washington Department of Commerce website here

Government Affairs

Members of the Government Affairs Committee are responsible for providing their experience and opinion to direct the advocacy team in protecting the multifamily housing industry from onerous laws at the local, state and federal level. Members also assist in the development of policies that assist the association and its members in presenting a positive image of multifamily housing to the community at large.
Ryan Makinster
Ryan Makinster
Director of Government Affairs Washington Multi-Family Housing Association (425)656-9077
Team Liaison
Shannon Boldizar
Shannon Boldizar
Washington Multi-Family Housing Association
Government Affairs Consultant
Kathryn Hedrick
Kathryn Hedrick
State Lobbyist
Krystelle Purkey
Krystelle Purkey
State Lobbyist