Developed by management professionals for management professionals!
There is a direct correlation between this credential program's rigor and the benefit reported by SHCM credential holders. This program will help you prepare for the SHCM exam and demonstrate your understanding of the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program requirements.
You will learn about:
- Communicating LIHTC regulations and processes
- Unit eligibility and calculating fractions, maximum rent, and utility allowances
- Preparing for inspections, mapping properties, and maintaining compliance
- Documenting income limits, developing recertification schedules, and processing recertification
- Reviewing rent limit calculations and monitoring utility allowances, and applying the 140% rule
- Resolving noncompliance and preparing for audits
- Record keeping and file management
- Accommodating accessibility requests
- And more!
- Minimum of two years of housing credit management employment experience
- Successful completion of all SHCM coursework and exam
Washington Multi-Family Housing Association (WMFHA) events may be photographed or video recorded. By participating in this event, you consent to your photograph/video recording being used for promotional purposes including but not limited to WMFHA promotional material, website and social media.