Specialist in Housing Credit Management (SHCM)
Be part of the elite group in the forefront of your industry!
The Specialist in Housing Credit Management® certification was developed by the National Affordable Housing Management Association (NAHMA) especially for management professionals involved with properties developed and operated under the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program. The SHCM is designed by management professionals for management professionals to ensure they have attained the knowledge, experience, and competence required to excel in the housing credit property management industry.
You'll learn about:
- Communicating LIHTC regulations and processes
- Unit eligibility and calculating fractions, maximum rent, and utility allowances
- Preparing for inspections, mapping properties, and maintaining compliance
- Documenting income limits, developing recertification schedules, and processing recertification
- Reviewing rent limit calculations and monitoring utility allowances, and applying the 140% rule
- Resolving noncompliance and preparing for audits
- Record keeping and file management
- Accommodating accessibility requests
- And more!
To obtain the SHCM credential, candidates must complete the following:
- Minimum of 12 hours of housing credit specific coursework or training from an approved provider* within two years of taking the SHCM exam
- Minimum of two years of housing credit management employment experience
- Successful completion of all SHCM coursework and