The Specialist in Housing Credit Management® certification was developed by the National Affordable Housing Management Association (NAHMA) especially for management professionals involved with properties developed and operated under the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program. The SHCM is designed by management professionals for management professionals to ensure they have attained the knowledge, experience, and competence required to excel in the housing credit property management industry.
May 7 - 8, 2019
WMFHA Training Center, Renton WA
Early Bird Pricing* (1/1 - 2/28): $350 Members | $400 Non-Members
Regular Pricing* (3/1 - 3/31): $399 Members | $449 Non-Members
Late Pricing* (4/1 - 4/30): $449 Members | $499 Non-Members
*PRICING DOES NOT INCLUDE $160 SHCM APPLICATION FEE PAID TO NAHMA UPON COMPLETION
You'll learn about:
- Communicating LIHTC regulations and processes
- Unit eligibility and calculating fractions, maximum rent, and utility allowances
- Preparing for inspections, mapping properties, and maintaining compliance
- Documenting income limits, developing recertification schedules, and processing recertification
- Reviewing rent limit calculations and monitoring utility allowances, and applying the 140% rule
- Resolving noncompliance and preparing for audits
- Record keeping and file management
- Accommodating accessibility requests
- And more!
To obtain the SHCM credential, candidates must complete the following:
- Minimum of 12 hours of housing credit specific coursework or training from an approved provider* within two years of taking the SHCM exam
- Minimum of two years of housing credit management employment experience
- Successful completion of all SHCM coursework and exam
Thank you to our 2019 class sponsors!