WMFHA Members Travel to DC for NAA Advocate Conference
During the week of March 27, WMFHA staff and several members traveled to Washington, DC for the annual Advocate conference hosted by NAA. In addition to the NAA board meeting, that focused on policy and advocacy issues, NAA members and more specifically WMFHA members, spent a day on the hill educating Washington Senators and Representatives on our issues and those of the industry.
The week began with an advocacy presentation highlighting the issues we would be discussing during our day on the hill and overview of proper meeting etiquette and what to expect.
NAA Priorities – Day on the Hill Discussions
Day On the Hill Collateral
In addition to the Day on the Hill, members also attended the NAA board meeting including our Region 7 meeting and the legislative committee, among other things, that included a Rent Control Forum featuring:
- Ben Harrold, Manager of Public Policy, NAA
- Britt Biles, Partner, Womble Bond Dickinson
- Greg Cerbana, Vice President - Public Relations and Government Affairs, Weidner Apartment Homes
- Joseph Condon, Esq., General Counsel, Community Housing Improvement Program
- Chip Tatum, Executive Vice President, Florida Apartment Association
All members are highly encouraged to attend this productive, successful, and fun event in the future. If you have anu questions about NAA national meetings, Advocate, in particular, or how you can become more involved, contact Ryan Makinster.