APARTMENTS. WE LIVE HERE.
In communities across the country, apartments work – helping people live in a home that’s right for them. Apartments and their residents contribute more than $1 trillion to the economy.
We all should celebrate the positive impact our industry is making in communities all across this country and locally:
- Apartments and their residents contribute more than $3.5 billion to the economy every day.
- Across the United States, there are 37 million apartment renters in 19.7 million apartment homes.
- 12.3 million jobs are supported by the apartment industry. This positive jobs picture is buoying demand for apartments, which is increasing occupancy levels in apartment buildings and underscoring the need for more apartments. New apartment construction has accelerated in response to the growing demand, but the level of activity remains well below historical levels and is insufficient to meet apartment demand.
- Apartment homes are economic engines, driving dollars and jobs that strengthen local communities.
- Apartment construction continues as a bright spot in the economy, helping lead the housing recovery.
Whether it’s young professionals starting out, empty nesters looking to downsize and simplify, workers wanting to live near their jobs, married couples without children or families building a better life, apartment homes provide a sensible choice to meet their specific housing needs.
Go to the website http://www.weareapartments.org/ for more data and information.