Certified Apartment Manager (CAM)
Certification from the National Apartment Association Education Institute
Lead with Confidence!
Whether you are a property manager or newer to property management, this course provides in-depth training and expertise just for you! Earning your CAM credential gives you the skills to increase your community's net operating income, the knowledge to effectively manage an apartment community, and most importantly, the ability to achieve your property owner’s investment goals.
What You'll Learn:
- Occupancy rates
- Comprehensive marketing plans
- Sales team management and product readiness
- Equitable treatment of current and potential residents
- Resident retention and the maintenance of a positive company image
- Consistent and ongoing resident communication
- Positive resident service and issue resolution
- Enforcement of company policy in compliance with laws and regulations
- Property inspections
- Preventive maintenance programs
- Service request process
- Apartment turnover process
- Contractors and vendors
- Recruitment, hiring, orientation, and training of high-caliber employees
- Systematic employee evaluation
- Employment regulations and record keeping
- Analysis of the property’s financial operations with corrective actions for underperformance
- Monitoring of property performance to achieve the owner’s investment goals
- Accounting principles and practices
- Maximizing net operating income
- Reporting property performance honestly and accurately
Learn from an industry expert!
Marci French is a VP of Asset Management and a member of the NAAEI Senior Faculty. With over 25 years of multifamily and leadership experience, Marci continues to lead, coach, and mentor team members to be the best version of themselves.
Marci has earned her Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) and Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor (CAPS) designations from the National Apartment Association Education Institute (NAAEI). She also enjoys giving back to the local associations instructing industry designations, leadership classes, and facilitating DE&I conversations. Marci holds a certificate in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace from the University of South Florida and is a graduate of the NAA Leadership Lyceum. Marci serves as a member of the NAAEI Curriculum Development / Program Administration Committee and previously served as Chair for NAA's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee.
When not on the road serving the multi-family industry, Marci enjoys time at home in Floriday with friends and family.
|9:00 AM - 10:00 AM||CAM Orientation (Virtual)|
|9:00 AM - 5:00 PM||Industry Essentials and The Resident Experience|
|9:00 AM - 4:00 PM||Marketing|
|9:00 AM - 4:00 PM||Property Maintenance for Managers|
|9:00 AM - 5:00 PM||Human Resource Management|
|9:00 AM - 5:00 PM||Risk Management and Legal Responsibilities|
|9:00 AM - 5:00 PM||Financial Management|
For More Information:
Pricing: $1550 | Members $1850 | Non-Members
Payment plans available (members only)
- Have at least 12 months experience in the apartment industry
- Successfully complete the nine courses
- Receive a passing grade of at least 70% on the comprehensive online exam
- Complete all the requirements during the 6-month candidacy period