HB 1817 - Establishing a housing gap voucher pilot program.
Establishing a housing gap voucher pilot program.
Companion: SB 5741
What the bill does:
- Creates rental assistance vouchers through housing authorities for residents to bridge the gap between their income and their rent.
- Makes available rental assistance for seniors, low-income families, and members of marginalized communities living in manufactured housing or rental housing in Washington.
- Vouchers are targeted to 80% AMI and below, adjusted by family size and area.
- Voucher is good for up to 12 months and allows residents in need to reapply.
- Voucher amount is enough to bridge the gap but not paying all of the monthly rent.