Emotional intelligence is an important part of an individual’s ability to successfully cope with environmental demands!
With constantly changing environments in which we live and work, individuals often require more than just task competencies or technical know-how to be successful. People who possess a particular blend of skills, competencies, and traits may be more suitable for functioning in various roles that bring with them an assortment of challenges. Emotional intelligence provides an important catalyst of social and cognitive functioning and can help facilitate activities such as decision making, empathizing with co-workers, friends and family, communicating a vision to staff members, and staying resilient in emotionally challenging situations.
- Discover the major components of emotional intelligence
- Recognize the behaviors and characteristic of an emotionally intelligent person
- Identify areas in which emotional intelligence skills can be applied
- Learn about your own emotional strengths and growth opportunities
- Generate action steps you can take to improve emotional and social abilities and your own success
Continuing Education Credits (CECs):
This class is eligible for 6 CECs for CAM, CAPS, CAS, NALP, and AIME credential holders.