SB 5301 - Commerce Housing Programs
Date postedFebruary 4, 2023
Posted By: Bills,
Concerning housing programs administered by the department of commerce.
Sponsors: Mullet, Kuderer, Nguyen, Wilson, C.
Companion: HB 1709
Status: Heard on Feb 9 in Senate Ways and Means, not yet scheduled
What the bill does:
- Consolidates the Housing Assistance Program into the Affordable Housing Program (Program) at the Department of Commerce (Commerce).
- Modifies activities and organizations eligible for assistance under the Program and Commerce requirements for administering the Program.
- Increases the cap on administrative costs used for the Program.
- Expands activities eligible for legislative appropriations from capital bond proceeds.
- Repeals the Affordable Housing Land Acquisition Revolving Loan Fund Program and Affordable Housing and Community Facilities Rapid Response Loan Programs.
- Adds a representative from an interlocal housing collaboration to the Affordable Housing Advisory Board.